Re: gEDA-user: PCB | how to update the pcb, if a change is made to the schematic?

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:32:17 -0800, S. Aguinaga wrote:

> ** In the PCB, is there a command to move components to a specific x,y
> location?

No. (This is one of my favorite feature requests)

> ** After starting on the PCB, I have to make a change to the schematics,
> is there a way to update the pcb file? Without affecting placement or
> All routing?

Yes.

1) Save the current state of the layout in pcb.

2) call gsch2pcb with the changed schematic

3) If you changed connections, an updated netlist will be produced. If
you changed the value of components, they will be updated in the pcb
file. If you removed some components, they will be deleted in the pcb
file. If you added some components, a file $NAME_new.pcb will be
produced. This file contains all the footprints of the added components.

4) In pcb do

   a) File - Revert    (if the changes affected the layout)

   b) File - Load_layout_data_to_paste_buffer (to put the new footprints
       somewhere on the layout with the buffer-tool)

   c) File - Load_netlist_file (if connections were changed)

The tool xgsch2pcb reduces these steps to a single mouse click.

---<(kaimartin>)---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211