Re: gEDA-user: PCB - How To Find A Component?

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but I have a first cut of program
to move stuff around on the board.  It executes directly on the .pcb
file so it's not a plugin.  Also, it's in java.

Here's what it does:

1) Selects all the parts that begin with a certain label, e.g. S6/S307
will find all parts S6/S307*
2) The parts are piled all on top of each other at some location
specified on command line.
3) Optionally can move the labels off the top of the parts.
4) Optionally can reset the position of all parts back to a single
location (currently near the origin).

Here's how I'm using it:
I run it multiple times for each hierarchical section.  Each time,
placing the stack of parts in a different location.  Then, I load up
PCB.  For each pile, I select it, then choose "disperse selected" which
arranges them at the top of the display area.  I can then easily work
with them by moving the group somewhere useful.  I repeat the process
for each of the piles.

seems ok so far, but I just finished it so it may still have bugs.

regards

gene