Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Problems creating a ground plane and adding thermals

    Did you check the wiki? Although the pcb section is called "tips" it
   is more like FAQ. For your particular question:
   [1]http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_tips#why_is_it_possible_to_make_
   a_thermal_for_pin_but_not_for_a_pad

     using the ground plane as the GND netlist?

   [2]http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:pcb_tips#how_can_i_connect_tracks_pa
   ds_or_vias_to_my_polygon

   Thanks for that - no I had not seen those entries - or the entire 'PCB
   Tips' (or whatever it is called).

   (I realise that it is mainly my fault, but I find that I can never
   navigate wiki's. I've looked at the gEDA 'Documentation' page many
   times but I've never found how to navigate my way around it properly.
   I guess my negative experiences with most wiki's - not necessarily
   gEDA's - have meant that I simply don't try hard enough to search for
   things and find out how wiki's work).

   Susan