Re: gEDA-user: How to achive ~90us delay on a digital line

   Hi,
   At first, thank you for everyone try to help:-)
   I think I should more specific.
   So, the BD player I have to test, has a service connector, with GND,
   +3.3V, RX and TX. For this side I designed a small board, with an
   MCP2120 and a TFDU4300 on it (let's say "device")
   For the PC side (the equipment on which the test runs) I also designed
   a board, with a power block, RS232 interface, MCP2120, TFDU4300.
   The speed is 115200bps in both direction. The problem is, that the BD
   player echoes back the received byte immediately. The bit time @115.2k
   is 8.6us. The delay between the end of the received stop bit and the
   begin of echoed start bit is ~6.8us, means less than a bit. The host
   side receiver cannot recognize the echoed data, since the beginning of
   the byte is missing:-(
   I think I need ~50-100us delay to make it work (I will inspect the
   exact timing later). But this means, I need to store at least one
   byte.
   It seems, unfortunately I selected a wrong part to this purpose. The
   problems, that the boards already manufactured, in Hungary the choices
   are quite low regarding the available IR devices and the trial mass
   production begins on 7th of March...
   Anyway, any new idea is welcome:-)
   Thanks,
   /sza2
   írta:

     Hello All,
     Sorry, I know this question is a bit silly (and maybe off-topic).
     I have been designed an IrDA interface. It works correctly if I
     connect
     for example 2 minicom terminal. However I need to communicate with
     device, which echoes back all characters, but too fast - so the
     host
     side is not ready to receive it (Well, first I designed with HSDL
     3602,
     and it was OK on the breadboard, but HSDL is not available now,
     thus I
     redesigned with TFDU 4300, and it has somewhat different
     characteristic).
     If I would be able to delay the echo with a few tens of usecs, It
     would
     be a workaround.
     I was thinking of solutions, like a uC with UART, some big fifo,
     etc.
     However if any of you have simpler solution, could you please share
     with me?
     Thank you, in advance,
     /sza2