gEDA-user: Is there any workaround to attach a "pin" to a net without the :1 attached to it?

   I know what I asked may be confusing but that I mean is as of now
   gschem treats pin symbols the same way it does any other object. The
   symbol has one pin so the attribute netname:1 is attaching the netname
   to pin 1 (the only pin on the symbol), giving the effect of a pin
   object (even though in reality its the same as ANY other symbol gschem
   uses). Since we don't have a dedicated pin object for schematic
   purposes (I know there is a pin object for symbol purposes), is there
   any workaround for using the pin symbol to only have the netname and
   not netname:1?
   Also is anyone looking into adding a real pin object for schematics?