Re: gEDA-user: How to achive ~90us delay on a digital line

On Feb 23, 2009, at 7:04 PM, Bob Paddock wrote:
>> However I need to communicate with a
>> device, which echoes back all characters, but too fast - so the host
>> side is not ready to receive it (Well, first I designed with HSDL
>> 3602,
>> and it was OK on the breadboard, but HSDL is not available now,
>> thus I
>> redesigned with TFDU 4300, and it has somewhat different
>> characteristic).
>
> I know from experience that the 4300 picks up a lot more ambient
> IR noise than the HP/Avago parts did.  I went as far as complaining
> to the factory about it and was told "our part is more sensitive
> so it picks up more noise".  Did not think much of that answer.

   Vishay makes some pretty nice stuff in this area, FYI.  I've used
the TSOP-7000 (not an IrDA part...this was for something different)
which is an amazingly nice part, for example.

   (I don't work for Vishay...just a happy customer)

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL