Re: gEDA-user: Stuart's gEDA Talk at Ignite 5 Boston

On Thursday 26 February 2009, John Luciani wrote:
>The video of Stuarts gEDA talk is at http://ignite.oreilly.com/news.html
>
>(* jcl *)

Unforch with a quad core phenom and 4GB of memory, plus mplayer-3.55, it plays
at about 2% of normal speed, with no discernable cpu or drive activity even
after giving it time to all be received over my adsl circuit.  .mov's
generally play well here.

Video card is a Diamond HD2400-Pro, rv610 chipset, currently booted to the
last fedora 8 kernel & using some sort of a fedora neutered fglxr driver.

But, in trying to do something with the radeonhd driver, I broke x and had to
upgrade to Fedora 10 to recover.  So x is no longer broken but is so slow I
need to call a surveyor to measure progress in moving a window etc.  Inches
per fortnight I believe is the correct measurement scale.  Sheesh.  Wish I
could watch it though.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)