Re: gEDA-user: Orange annular rings in pcb?

Bert Timmerman wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 18:58 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
>> On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 12:57 -0500, Rob Butts wrote:
>>> I auto routed rats in pcb and now I have two annular rings that are
>>>    orange;  Can someone tell me what an orange annular ring means please?
>>>    Thanks
>> I think this indicated an electric short circuit.
>>

> me thinks too :)

Ummm... a circular rat over a pin means that the pin wants to be
connected (usually by a thermal) to the polygon that surrounds it.
Circular rats are normal on your ground pins if you have a ground flood
polygon, for instance.

If, however, you manage to short a net to ground someplace else on the
board, you will see these on all the pins of that net.  Of course, you
will also get shorted net warnings.

-dave