gEDA-user: more kvetch re: pcb Arcs

Gentlemen of geda-user,

May I direct your attention to the bug report I filed last week
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2942582&group_id=73743&atid=538811

The design I'm working on has a lot of these long, swooping arcs, and
the pcb's intersection-handling code just isn't working on it at all.

I can click on one half of an arc and it is not selected, but clicking
on the other half works.

If I have two large-diameter arcs near each other (same starting
point), I can do ctrl-f and it will highlight both (erroneously, they
are concentric and don't touch).  When I do ctrl-f on the other one,
it alone is highlighted.  DRC and ratlines are also hosed on this
board, which I predict is another symptom of the same problem.

I went looking for the source code to add my cases to the unit tests
for the intersection code, and I found:  1) no unit tests, and 2) the
intersection testing code is divided between "search.c" and "find.c",
apparently with some amount of cut and paste as evidenced by
irrelevant comments.

What is the difference between search.c and find.c?  The two words are
almost synonyms, with "find" a little more hopeful: "Search, and ye
shall find."  It looks like find.c holds DRC code?  What function gets
called by control-f?  I can't find it.

If I can't get this working in the next few days, I'll probably be
buying a license for Altium and a Windows computer.  The thought
depresses me.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail