Re: gEDA-user: pcb: All v. Any pin connectivity (was: Taking advantage of internally connected pins)

On Feb 3, 2010, at 12:33 AM, timecop wrote:

>> At the very least, it seems that there should be a way to specify that "any" pin with the same number satisfies the connection.
>
> fairly ridiculous assumption especially with ICs, many of which
> specifically say something like "all GND/VCC pads must be connected".

Maybe if you go re-read the entire thread from the beginning, you will see how ridiculous and off-target your rant looks and will take another stab at it.  This time spare me the insults and comment thoughtfully on the technical implications, please.

I'm not talking about IC's I'm talking about switches.  An IC would have separate pin numbers anyway.  Two footprint pin/pads with the same pin number is the topic of discussion here.

-dave (doing schematics as a paid professional since 1979....)