gEDA-user: pcb:All v. Any pin connectivity

I've just join the list recently and I've also encountered this "problem".
In my view, the current gschem/PCB approach gives all the liberty to the designer although obliges him to take all the decisions. (a bit like spider man, with great power comes great responsibility :-)
I was using IRLD024 for a project, there are actually two pins for the drain, I chose to draw the part in gschem with two available drains and be able to route them on separate nets if needed (could be interesting regarding RFI or even measure if such a small piece of copper/tin could be used).
I you're doing power electronics (or other high speed analog) you'll probably want that power to route any way you like...
JCS