gEDA-user: Regression in autorouter and/or trace optimiser from pcb20081128 to pcb20091103 ?

I seem to have hit a regression in the quality of output from the
autorouter and/or trace optimiser in moving from pcb20081128 to
pcb20091103.  With 20091103 I end up with many Manhattan traces that
the trace optimiser refuses to miter, see the attached images.  If you
wish to reproduce this, the steps are:

1. Load example pcb "LED2" that ships with pcb 20091103
2. Delete everything except the components
3. Optimise rats nest
4. Select all
5. Autotoute
6. Optimize routed tracks -> auto optimize
7. Optimize routed tracks -> miter
8. Repeat step 7 a few times, just in case it helps.

I'm running both versions compiled from source with GCC 4.3.2 on MEPIS 8 Linux.

Are these results normal, or is there really a regression ?

Thanks in advance,
Steve Ecob