Re: gEDA-user: OT: Latex

Peter Clifton wrote:
On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 06:17 -0500, gene glick wrote:

The LyX route is working for now - but am already finding reasons to add LaTeX commands into the source file. Headers with images are a drag - still fighting that one. Time to get a good book :D

If you mean something like a watermark on each page, give me a shot
off-list, and I'll see if I can find something. There are ways and means
- I've used various postscript tricks to append a "commercial in
confidence" mark on reports, and have recently seen some other
techniques (Thanks Chitlesh) which use it for page decoration.

we're getting a bit more OT, but...

I've used one of the dvips hooks to get a postscript watermark in there. That's there in the latex-mk sources (the postscript file you need plus the magic words).

Headers with images, not so bad.

here are left, center, right headers and footers.  One has an image.

\lhead{left top}
\chead{\includegraphics{foo.eps}}
\rhead{right top}
\lfoot{left bot}
\cfoot{CONFIDENTIAL}
\rfoot{right bot}

as far as image files not being embedded, you are correct. For me this has actually been a useful feature since it has been easier (for me at least) to automate some things.

-Dan