Re: gEDA-user: what does "Error while clipping PBO_SUB: 3" mean?

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 09:59 -0800, Ben Jackson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:30:59AM +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> >
> > Secondly, (also very important), if the problem is reproducible, take a
> > copy of the board with the issue, and start removing parts until the
> > problem goes away. Distilling a minimum test-case for the polygon code
> > is hard though - as it can depend on the exact order of operations.
>
> My technique is to delete the polygon and then try creating small ones
> over likely problem regions, or simply binary search (left half, right
> half, etc).  I even have the polygon hotkey (F5!) memorized from doing
> this even though I rarely make polygons using the GUI.

Works well if the problem relates to clipping of existing objects on the
board. Unfortunately, in this case, it appears to be problem in the
shape of the input polygon its-self, so the bisection technique doesn't
directly apply.

Best wishes,

Peter C.