Re: gEDA-user: TL431

Wojciech Kazubski wrote:
-> Anyone use these shunt regulators? I'm wondering about the max voltage.
>> Or set up your mailer to use a fixed-width font..
Yes, that was it - thanks.

I suspect this TL431 isn't a good device for my app. I have an LM317 to give me around +12V for bootstap voltage to a high-side mosfet driver. The average current is very low, but the peaks can get pretty high. The LM317 circuit is solid, just uses a lot of parts. I was trying to replace the LM317 with TL431 - but simulation does not look promising.