Re: gEDA-user: Getting new linux, which distribution? (Andy Fierman)

   > From: geda-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Subject: geda-user Digest, Vol 45, Issue 48
   > To: geda-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   > Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 07:51:50 -0500
   > Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:48:10 +0000
   > From: Andy Fierman <andyfierman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   > Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Getting new linux, which distribution?
   >
   > Larry,
   >
   > Are you thinking of this:
   >
   > http://www.liquidpcb.org/index.html
   >
   > ?
   >
   > Cheers,
   >
   > Andy.
   >
   > Signality Solutions
   > t: +44 (0) 5601 720 580
   > m: +44 (0) 7796 538 192
   > skype: andyfierman
   > www.signality.co.uk
   >

   > On 21 February 2010 03:20, Larry Battraw <lbattraw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   > > I had a quick question. I know there are several
   sparsely-documented
   > > plugins for PCB but I am trying to locate the one that makes the
   traces
   > > on the board look like they were laid out by hand the old-fashioned
   way
   > > with tape, resulting in curving, contoured traces instead of the
   > > standard auto-routed straight X/Y traces generated by default. As I
   > > recall you would route your board and then run this plugin as the
   final
   > > step since editing it afterwards was virtually impossible. Am I
   > > thinking of a different pcb layout program or does this plugin
   exist
   > > somewhere?
   > >
   > > Thanks-
   > >
   > > Larry
   > >

   > Message: 9
   > Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:51:23 +0000
   > From: Andy Fierman <andyfierman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   > Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Getting new linux, which distribution?
   >
   > www.mepis.org
   >
   > Does what it says on the tin.
   >
   > A bit dated compared to Ubuntu but pretty stable (mostly pure Debian)
   > and a good community.
   >
   > Cheers,
   >
   > Andy.
   >
   > Signality Solutions
   > t: +44 (0) 5601 720 580
   > m: +44 (0) 7796 538 192
   > skype: andyfierman
   > www.signality.co.uk
   >

   > On 20 February 2010 22:35, Rob Butts <r.butts2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   > > Hi all,
   > >

   > > I'm replacing an old drive and since my distribution of Fedora is
   so
   > > old I'm purchasing a new dvd. Then I thought before I do, since I
   use
   > > it for the geda software, why not get the same distribution most of
   the
   > > geda gurus use.
   > >

   > > At the risk of starting a major debate what do most of the regulars
   of
   > > geda use, Fedora, Ubuntu...?
   > >

   > > Thanks,
   > >
   > > Rob

   I'm using linux Mint.  It's like the inverse of Mepis.  I tried Mepis,
   but it was always way far behind the release of Ubuntu.  Mint keeps up
   and is based on Ubuntu.  Additionally, you can use the same
   repositories. Mint has been unbelievable in its support of wireless
   cards too (and other "non FOSS" HW) .  For instance, the use vendor
   driver application works great.

   Kurt