Re: gEDA-user: any last minute advice prior to sending out for PCB fab

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:18:02 -0500
gene glick <carzrgr8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Print out your surface copper layers and put the parts on the printout
> > to make sure they match.
> >
> that's a really good idea, thanks!  It'll delay things some, but yeah,
> sounds like the conservative way to go.  I'll have to order up a bunch
> of parts to make it happen but that's ok.
>
> Printing out 1:1 should be close enough on a laser printer, I think.

Watch out, I stumbled on that one not too long ago.  My particular laser printer (an oollllddd Konica KL-3015) needs a ratio of 1:1.07, otherwise everything comes out too small.  I assume this is from the paper shrinking ever so slightly as goes through the fusor rollers.

Otherwise, it's an excellent idea.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."