Re: gEDA-user: Open Source mechanical CAD on the horizon

[snip]
>If you are looking for 2D CAD, then go with QCad.  I've done a lot with that.
> It is very mature and very solid.  I use it for all my 2D CAD designs, and I'
>ve used their .dxf I/O library in a CAM program for one of my tools.

	Unfortunately the current version of QCad is not free software
and their "community edition" is a really old release which hasn't been
updated in years (and is missing basic things like "send to back/front").
And their is virtually no development community around the community
edition.  I really doubt they will ever update their community edition
as long as people are purchasing the commercial version.