Re: gEDA-user: Open Source mechanical CAD on the horizon

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 3:13 AM, Chitlesh GOORAH
<chitlesh.goorah@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I just got aware of the open source mechanical CAD project freecad. It
>> hit the debian repository a month ago. Although it is still lacking
>> important features, much of the basic infrastructure is already up and
>> running.
>>        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeCAD_(Juergen_Riegel)
>
> Hello there,
>
> I was also interested to see these mechanical opensource projects into
> Fedora however, there are all stuck behind licensing issues. Is Debian
> shipping Freecad into their non-free repo or did the licensing issues
> clear away somehow?
>
> http://chitlesh.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/some-licenses-kill-opensource-mechanical-design-flows/

Yes, there have been many times when I wanted to use a program for a
larger project but it depended on opencascade. I do not like their
license but what I really dislike is how they call it opensource.

http://evanfoss.googlepages.com/