gEDA-user: pcb preferences line incr.

Hello,
I noticed that the preference incremental setting is not working, that
is if "l" setting, the line increment is changed to 1 ml it still
increment of 5 ml looks like some other setting is override this
function. this is true for "s" setting also. I changed the setting then
reloaded the PCB still not working.
In some instances I found that some of holes I need to increase or
decrease a small amount like 1 or 2 ml that is ease than entered in the
command line, for me any way, that is because I am lazy, and not a good
typist so I figure let ask, if is the it must have some reason