Re: gEDA-user: git for gedasymbols.org ?

> > > How about git for gedasymbols.org?
> > > (I'd volunteer to modify the instructions to reflect the change)
> >
> > Yes please, and I'd volunteer to do the conversion.
>
> I have to say it would be much more pleasant to use git than CVS.

Except I already have a cvs-to-web system in place, and I don't happen
to like git myself.  I'd have to write a whole new gateway, add a git
server, and figure out how to hand out accounts easily.  Doing "cvs
commit" doesn't seem to be that onerous for the amount of work it
would take me to change it.

> The biggest usability improvement for me in terms of finding new
> symbols/footprints would be if the gedasymbols.org web interface had a
> more organized way of browsing and searching items.  All users'

The problem here is getting all the contributors to provide the
information.  But, if you can figure it out, go for it.  I've defined
a CSV format for storing the information you need, and the scripts I
currently use are all available from the gedasymbols CVS.