Re: gEDA-user: Another free schematic/PCB tool

Hi Gareth,

I understand the connection between RS and the tool and hence why the
article reads like an advert.

My point is that precisely because it is written by the supplier, the
article gives very little useful information about Design Spark PCB or
other genuinely FOSS tools that it is actually in competition with.
Sure FOSS tools are mentioned but without even a link to give the
reader a starting point for a comparison.

It is great to see free, unlimited, unclobbered tools being made
available but the people behind Design Spark have missed the point of
the open source philosophy.

Someone* on this list has a tagline along the lines of: "You can't
design open hardware using closed source tools".

         Andy.

www.signality.co.uk

* Sorry, I can't remember who.