   From: DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
   Sent: Sat, February 5, 2011 10:16:25 AM
   Subject: Re: gEDA-user: Drill baby drill
   Two ways:
   To just add a hole, use the Via tool.  Use Ctrl-h to make it unplated,
   and adjust the soldermask tenting by making the soldermask layer
   visible and using the clearance keys (k, shift-k).
   You can set the size by selecting it and typing
   :ChangeDrillSize(SelectedVias,=250,mil)
   Alternately, create a real symbol for your mounting holes, and a
   footprint that goes with it, that has the right size hole.  Then you
   place it like any other element on the board.