Re: gEDA-user: New Column: From the CAD Library

Hi all,

+1

I've been following Tom Hausherr's achievements (the formerly PCB-Libaries,
now Mentor Graphics) for a couple of years now, and I think that this blog
is mandatory reading before "Getting Started" with pcb design.

I would like to see some, if not all, of these "standards" reflected in the
pcb-lib some day _and_ these recommendations end up in the (gEDA) pcb
documentation, just to prevent "error 404" from happening.

Of course, there are others sources of information to read before putting
the first trace on a pcb, like app notes and part datasheets from vendors.

One of Tom's "issues" that is to be kept in pcb are most of the mil grids
because of the bazillion perf board and mil based parts on the market, to be
bought for cheap by hobby-ists, or for "Quick-and-Neat" proto boards (we
don't play or do dirty ;-).

Just my opinion on the subject.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.