Re: gEDA-user: transition of pcb internal units to metric (SI, mm)

Am 08.02.2011 10:14, schrieb Link:

> Seeing as 32-bit operating systems (even on 64-bit machines!) are still
> widely used, and anything smaller than a nanometre is overkill for the
> time being, I'd say playing nice with 32-bit is, at the moment, more
> important than making sure people can design chips that can't even be
> manufactured for another decade or two anyway.

Using 64 bit values on 32 bit system will probably result in a
measurable, but negligible impact on speed. I don't see why that should
justify the complication of having both 32 and 64 bit option in pcb
instead of just going with 64 bit values everywhere.

Philipp