Re: gEDA-user: transition of pcb internal units to metric (SI, mm)

On Feb 8, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> Stephan Boettcher wrote:
>
>>> I doubt PCB will ever be a suitable tool for chip design.
>>
>> Why?
>
> Because a jack-of-all-trades is an expert in none.

But the right kind of specialization leads to flexibility. Consider that gschem is a very suitable tool for chip design, circuit simulation, symbolic circuit analysis, block diagrams, even hydraulics (and, of course, printed circuit boards). The key is that it specializes in capturing component connectivity and associating metadata with objects.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx