Re: gEDA-user: PGA 100 footprint

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Phil Taylor <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2011, at 10:37 AM, Oliver King-Smith <oliverks1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>   Does anyone have a PGA100 foot
>>   If I layout the footprint would folks recommend using PCB or is there a
>>   better way to do this style of footprint?
>
> Use a script, a spreadsheet or a text editor or a combination of these based on what comes easy to you.
>
> Phil

http://dlharmon.com/geda/footgen.html

To make a PGA instead of a BGA:
add these immediately after the def bga(attrlist): line
drill = findattr(attrlist, "drill")
paddia = findattr(attrlist, "paddia")
polyclear = findattr(attrlist, "polyclear")
maskclear = findattr(attrlist, "maskclear")

change
bgaelt = bgaelt + ball(x, y, balldia, polyclear, maskclear, ballname(col,row))
bgaelt = bgaelt + pin(x,y,paddia,drill,ballname(col,row),polyclear,maskclear)

You will need to define drill, paddia, polyclear and maskclear in
addition to the usual BGA parameters.

It would be possible to add a PGA mode to footgen, but I don't want a
patch as they are relatively rare.

Darrell Harmon