Re: gEDA-user: Spice &geda

John Doty wrote:
On Feb 21, 2011, at 11:23 AM, darko wrote:

Hello.
I'm relatively new to geda but how to make a spice simulation of attached schema with ng spice I'm getting error on first step  and that is generating net list for the spice simulator i tried with

:~$ gnetlist [OPTIONS] -g spice-sdb filename

"[OPTIONS]" shouldn't be in the command literally: it represents optional arguments you might provide. And "filename" represents *your* files's name. So what I used was:

gnetlist -o HIPAS.cir -g spice-sdb HIPAS.sch
I did this and it worked!
Other problems:

You are using pinlabel= attributes incorrectly. They identify individual pins in the symbol. They should not be attached to a component at schematic level. In this case, they may simply be deleted from your schematic: they serve no purpose.

The out-1 symbol is for hierarchical netlisting of printed circuit board designs, not for SPICE simulation. It doesn't work the way you are trying to use it. I removed it and attached the netname "out" to your output net. Now:

ngspice HIPAS.cir
ac dec 10 1k 1g
plot out

Shows a nice hipass response.