gEDA-user: Metric, Imperial, Rounding, DRC, and board houses

I'm starting a new design and all my components are metric based,
including a few 1mm pitch BGA components. I'd really like to do the
layout in metric, but I'm worried about two factors. The first of
which is that PCB does not yet have the option to store things
internally in metric (at least from what I understand) so rounding may
occur on that end. In addition, my board house rounds everything to
2.4 format (0.1 mil). I can envision several scenarios where my design
meets DRC in PCB, but fails when I send it to the board house.

What is my best option?

Just use imperial units and cope with weird grids?

Use metric spacing, but recalculate DRC based on worst case rounding?

Some other option?