Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 04:04:21AM +0100, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Martin Kupec wrote:
>
> > It is not possible to unmask general shape. There is the possibility
> > with converting rectangle to pad, but that is probably not the best way.
> > Is the right way to have a layer of "negative soldermask". Pads and pins
> > will be there automatically and you would be able to add any shape
> > there? Or something else is better?
>
> IMHO, "negativeness" should be a property of objects, not something
> specific to a layer. I'd like to draw positive and negative lines on
> anything, be it copper, or mask.

Ok. So layer would have object and object has a property if it is
positive or negative. Negative from nothing will endup being nothing.
Positive in positive will endup in positive.

And by defaul a layer would be an empty sufrace(like one big negative
rectangle)?

Or do we need a special treatment for "some" layers.

	Martin