Re: gEDA-user: UTF-8 printing in gschem

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 23:00 +0300, Vladimir Zhbanov wrote:

> I wrote three patches. Probably they're provided too late. Indeed... They're
> pretty simple: sorting out and deleting of unnecessary lines. It solves my
> problems with printing today. Maybe it will be useful for someone...
>
> Launchpad bug #720218.
> Developers, look at it, please.

It looks like you've put a lot of effort into this.. I don't claim to
understand our Unicode printing support, but I do know our intended
road-map was to rip it out and replace with cairo printing support.

I'm all in favour of committing these patches (if you can confirm they
fix the issue without causing breakage for anything else?), so that:

a) If we don't get round to cairo printing in 1.8.x, we get your fix
b) We have an archive of the "correct" Unicode printing support code
should we wish to split that of as part of a separate gEDA -> Postscript
printing tool which doesn't use cairo.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton