Re: gEDA-user: Extract all footprints from a layout

DJ Delorie wrote:

>> While at it, I noticed that "Save_Buffer_To_file" reverses the order
>> of the ElementLine statements on save.
>
> Is it the loading or the saving that's backwards?  We've been
> intentionally trying to preserve the order of things on load/save (or
> at least across load/saves) so that source control works better.

It is specifically the  "Save_Buffer_To_file" action. To reproduce:

1) open pcb
2) place a footprint that includes lines in silk. Say, SO8
3) copy the footprint to buffer
4) do Save_Buffer_To_file
5) save the layout with file -> save_as
The saved footprint will have the order of ElementLines in reverse compared
to the saved layout (and compared to the original footprint file). Order is
preserved if the footprint is loaded to buffer and placed multiple times.
Load to buffer and copy buffer to canvas seem to be correct.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211