Re: gEDA-user: Can you spot the selected object?

Oliver King-Smith wrote:

> In Eagle, I could select an object by name, and then "move it" which would
> automatically place it under my cursor.  This is nice, as I don't have to go
> hunting for the object I wish to move.  Is there a way of doing this in PCB?

Yes, sort of.
There is "Select_by_name" somewhat hidden in the select menu. I tend
to rip this sub menu off, so I have it ready when needed. The input
understands regular expression matching. I find conatenating refdeses
with "|" useful. Once the desired object is selected, you can do
"Disperse_selected_elements" again from the select menu. This will
align all selected objects at the top left of the canvas. They keep
being selected. So you can drag them to some other place.

This technique helps a lot with placement of larger designs.

> I have attached an example.

Has this been done with the traditional autorouter of PCB?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx