Re: gEDA-user: Gschem print borders

Em Seg, 2003-01-13 às 15:51, EATON,JOHN (HP-Vancouver,ex1) escreveu:
> HI all,
>
> I have been debugging a path to take GEDA drawings and using
> them in a MS Word document and have a question about margins
> around the edges. I create a drawing in a 5 unit by 5 unit
> square and print that using a paper_size of 5,5 into a ps
> file. I then use ghostscript to convert that into a 5x5 300
> dpi tiff file. When I print that ps file or insert the tif into
> a word doc I get a square of 4.5 x 4.5 inches. If I take the
> same drawing and use a paper_size of 5.5 x 5.5 and tell gs
> that it is 5.5x5.5 then everything prints out exactly 5x5.
>
> It appears that gscheme is taking my drawing, adding a 1/2"
> margin on each side. Is this true? and if so is it a fixed margin
> for any paper_size or is gschem simply adding 5% to each side?

	Yes, it's real. Gschem adds a 5% margins in each side.
	I did a litle patch to add one more choice in the print dialog, so you
have "WINDOW", "LIMITS WITH MARGINS" (original) and the new "LIMITS NO
MARGINS".
	Please visit the geda-dev archives, mails with subject "Scale when
printing", one with the patch attached:
http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Nov-2002/msg00183.html

	Gschem does it to a add margins to don't cut your designs when
printing. But in some cases like print to plotter or laser or any non
margin printers, you don't need it, and in athers cases you may want to
have a real size design, when you have a title box with the margins
built in, and you know that your printer will cut the design, but
cutting just the outline borders (limits of paper) and you have the
internal borders as described in the norms.

Best regards,

Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto
LAX Eletronica e Telecomunicacoes Ltda
gEDA-BR - Users Group - http://gedabr.projetos.etc.br

Chave Publica no Site
www.keyserver.net chave de Antonio Augusto Todo Bom Neto
ou tente pelo ID 5F7C385C, ou pelo link abaixo:

http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5F7C385C&template=netenextract,netennomatch,netenerror

Fingerprint = 10C2 FEF8 0462 A985 E1AF F28C C58E 4BA5 5F7C 385C