Re: gEDA-user: icarus verilog testsuite for iverilog_vpi

jean.kim@cross-network.com said:
> I am using Linux (Redhat 8.0) and icarus verilog is v0.7. I am using
> gcc compiler v3.2. Please let me know if there is anything else I
> should reply.

OK, this suggests that you are using the precompiled rpm. This is
fine. It appears that the problem is with the compiler version
that was used to compile Icarus Verilog vs/ the compiler you are
using to compile VPI modules.

Some of the modules in the VPI part of the test suite were written
in C++. This may be leading to a compatibility problem. If the
non-vpi tests are working (vpi_reg.pl is the test rig for the
simulator tests) then I see no problem.

Besides, if you are installing from the rpm, you can be pretty
confident that it is working. Try the hello examples in the
/usr/share/doc/verilog-0.7 directory.

If you are compiling v0.7 from source yet having the problem, then
I'm surprised, because I use gcc 3.1 for the Windows port. It
seems as if you are having trouble with VPI modules, yet all the
system tasks are written in VPI, and I'm guessing the hello.v
program in the examples directory works.
steve at picturel.com         and lines to code before I sleep,