Re: gEDA-user: icarus verilog

jean.kim@cross-network.com said:
> I just have read an article at linuxjournal.com about icarus verilog.
> It mentioned that icarus verilog can handle from small to medium size
> of design. Can you tell me the approximate range of limit?

There is no limit per se., other then the capacities of your
computer, the limitations of performance, and your patience.

People have reported a wide range of performance results, from
"as fast as Verilog-XL" to "10 times slower then Verilog XL."
The factors vary depending on memory use, coding style, biases
of the observer, etc. Some might say Icarus Verilog supports
million-gate designs just fine, others may give up at thousand-
gate designs.

Disclaimer:
As the license included with Icarus Verilog makes clear, I make
no claims of suitability for any purpose whatsoever.
steve at picturel.com         and lines to code before I sleep,