Re: gEDA-user: Simulation with Potentimeter

Remember: dependent sources are your friends when synthesizing nonstandard
SPICE components.

Most SPICE variants give you a way to make a bilinear dependent source. In
ngspice, for example, you can use a "B" device to make a resistor whose
voltage is proportional to the product of the applied current (measured by
a series "ammeter") and a control voltage. A pair of these with
complemetary control voltages should make a voltage-controlled pot
(although I haven't tried this particular trick).

This is enormously more flexible than a swept resistor. You can sweep the
control voltage if you wish, but you can also do a transient analysis
using an arbitrary function for the control voltage.

John Doty		"You can't confuse me, that's my job."
Home: jpd@w-d.org
Work: jpd@space.mit.edu