Re: gEDA-user: gschem "solder" question

Dan,

> I just  installed the latest version of geda (20040111) on my redhat 9
> system without any problem.  I have a couple of questions on gschem
> handling of net connection.  The first question is let's say I draw a
> long "net"  and have a number of solder points on the net.  If I do
> "select" on the net, it selects the whole net eventhough I wanted to
> select the "net" between the solder points as shown below.  Is it a
> setup issue or is it done on purpose?<br>

This is how gschem works.  The "ends" of a net live at the end of the straight
segment, regardless of how many connections tap off the straight
segment.  When you select a net, you get the whole thing, end to end.

> The second gschem question is let's say&nbsp; I have a PMOS symbol where all
> the four "pins" are connected to different wires in a schematic and I
> decide to move the symbol. WHat I am noticing is that the symbol is
> moving but not the "nets" that are attached with the symbol.&nbsp; Is this a
> feature or there is something wrong with my setup.<br>

Ummm, in general, the nets attached to the symbol should remain
attached to the symbol,  so that if you drag the symbol somewhere
else, the net ends attached to the symbol will remain attached to the
symbol, but the nets themselves will be moved to a diagonal state.

If you want the nets to move too, you have to select them also.  Hold
down the "shift" key when selecting objects to include them in the move.

> my last question is: does anyone have a "gschmrc" file that changes the
> setup color or other options?&nbsp; <br>

Not me.  I dunno how to do that.

Stuart