gEDA-user: gschem "solder" question

Hi all,

I just  installed the latest version of geda (20040111) on my redhat 9 system without any problem.  I have a couple of questions on gschem handling of net connection.  The first question is let's say I draw a long "net"  and have a number of solder points on the net.  If I do  "select" on the net, it selects the whole net eventhough I wanted to select the "net" between the solder points as shown below.  Is it a setup issue or is it done on purpose?

The second gschem question is let's say  I have a PMOS symbol where all the four "pins" are connected to different wires in a schematic and I decide to move the symbol. WHat I am noticing is that the symbol is moving but not the "nets" that are attached with the symbol.  Is this a feature or there is something wrong with my setup.

my last question is: does anyone have a "gschmrc" file that changes the setup color or other options?

Thanks,

Dan Bizuneh