Re: gEDA-user: New user question

At Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:05:07 -0500 (EST),
Stuart Brorson wrote:
> A gschem symbols usually carries a "device" attribute which tells you
> what the part is generally.  That is, for resistors, the
> device=resistor, for caps, device=capacitor, for an IC, device=AD8047,
> say.  Unfortunately, the device attribute is not promoted, meaning
> that it doesn't become an editable attribute in gschem.

I was thinking that if every part had a default filename=blah.sym in
the attributes, that would make it easier to figure out.  It would be
nice if everything was correctly labeled but even if someone sets up a
device attribute correctly, the filename may be different.

Along with other usability issues, it would be nice to get off page
connections to show where nets go but after reading these lists, it
seems that's still not going to work.  I imagine it would be difficult
since gschem doesn't seem to have a concept of page numbers in a
project.

Oren