gEDA-user: New user question

I am experimenting with gschem trying to learn how to use it.  The one
thing that surprises me while browsing schematics other people have
done is that by double clicking on a part, I don't have any clue what
the part is.  Other schematic entry programs I have used would show
the part name somewhere but I don't see it displayed.  Am I missing
something to find out at least what filename the symbol points to
without looking at the ascii schematic file.

Oren