Re: gEDA-user: trace routing "style" in PCB

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev/geda-user mailinglist.  ]

-- Cut here --
Delivery-Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:06:41 -0400
From: Xtian Xultz <xultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I dont think it is a good idea.
Imagine a switched power supply, with a flyback. At the output of the
transformer, you have some diodes and capacitor rectifying the signal, and
there will pass a high current. So, you need large traces, ok? But the PWM
controler needs a feedbak in the same net, and these trace can be very
small... because no current flow through the PWM IC. But if you assume that
all the net must be drawn with the same routing style, you cannot make a
small trace to the feedback...