Re: gEDA-user: Soldering Chip on Flex?

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev/geda-user mailinglist.  ]

-- Cut here --
Delivery-Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:41:28 -0500
From: Bob Paddock <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Sunday 31 October 2004 08:07 am, Charles Lepple wrote:
> I think I see the problem... 0.7mm is not a common pitch for these
> connectors.

Would  0.650mm be "close enough", that  Stephen's link shows?
Not really the way I like to design things.

> Another option would be an elastomeric connector-- they are not
> dependent on the exact pitch of the two surfaces you are trying to
> connect.

I am not familiar with those, I'd like to stick to stuff I can get from
DigiKey or Mosuer.

Assuming there is no suitable connector, what is the best way to solder
these?

I agree that this color data sheet sucks, looks better on B&W printer.