Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Suite CD - round 2

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev/geda-user mailinglist. ]

-- Cut here --
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 21:13:21 -0800
From: Alvin Oga <alvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

hi ya charles

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 12:07:35AM -0500, Charles Lepple wrote:

> good thing it hasn't ever failed for me... I wouldn't know how to
> interpret all those pretty colors. :-)

you have nicely behaving hardware :-0

> > > Are you suggesting this package may be distributed by others?
> >
> > nobody said anything about suggesting or distributing ..
>
> ...but it's still a valid point. Assuming I don't care about source
> for a moment, Cadsoft would need to grant people permission to include
> it on their live CD. Call it "putting on the blinders" if you want...
> I call it "avoiding problems that I don't want to deal with".

the "blinders" part was for going off topic, off geda as to where
to get the silly source code

> Stuart did a thorough job of checking on the licenses for programs on
> his CD. This is no accident.

good .... though there was not questions/comment about that part of his
work and cd ..

regarding licenses .. gpl says source is also available ...
	- i see lots of binary only cd's from various distros :-)

c ya
alvin