Re: gEDA-user: New user question

Hi,

>John Doty wrote:
>> Click on the component to select it. From the menu bar, choose
>> Hierarchy>Down Symbol, or use the Hs keyboard shortcut. You'll shift from
>> editting the schematic to editting the symbol, and its filename will
>> appear in the state bar at the at bottom of the window. Do Hierarchy>Up or
>> Hu to get back to your schematic.
>
>Thanks John, that's exactly what I was looking for.

	*cringe*

	That's an interesting way of getting the filename, but let me be
the first to say... "gross" :)  Thanks for finding this workaround, John.

However, I have been thinking about two things:

1) Adding a object (line/box/component...) information dialog box where the
   filename and component library would be present and maybe editable.

2) Adding another dialog box which allows you to edit all the properties of
   the objects easily.  Basically consolidating and improving the existing
   edit dialog boxes.

Maybe these two additional dialog boxes should be combined together
intelligently.

								-Ales