Re: gEDA-user: PCB suggestion

> What do you say on a suggestion to make another layer called
> "soldermask" in PCB where one could draw rectangles? Soldermask
> would them be left out where rectangles are drawn.

I've been thinking about such a thing.  Changing the way PCB handles
layers is not trivial, but I've been looking at doing just that.  It
would be the foundation for going beyond 8 layers, and adding lots of
annotation layers like a true outline, mask and paste layers,
keepouts, etc.  Don't expect it soon ;-)