Re: gEDA-user: PCB suggestion, highlighting nets and layer-groups

Mario Klebsch wrote:
>... What I really like is the ability to have some signals
> drawn using a different color. This is esecially usefull for Vcc and
> Gnd on two and one layer designs. These Signaly require speciial
> attention and I often have to identify them. In eagle I usually use
> "show Gnd" and "show Vcc" for this purpose.
>
> Instead of using layer groups for this purpose, I would like to see a
> feature to flag signals to be drawn using an alternative style.

You can highlight any net in a different color simply by hiting the "f"
key with the cursor over some part of the net. That feature already
exists.

It still doesn't change the issue with backward compatibility for old
designs that actually used layer groupings. For that, it would require
merging the layers, which actually isn't too hard. Perhaps a future
version of PCB will elliminate the layer groupings. If anyone objects
to elliminating that feature, please let me know.

harry