Re: gEDA-user: cannot see older schematics content with gschem 20041228 (Mac OS X)

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:08:16 +0100, Patrick Bernaud <b-patrick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ales and Charles,
>
> Ales Hvezda writes:
>  > [...]
>  >      Also you asked about debugging.  The fastest and easiest way
>  > is to remove all the #pline from the C source and rebuild and then debug.
>  >

> There is a better way: tell gdb where to look for the source files
> with the directory command.
>
> See http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_8.html#SEC53
>
> This way the line numbers gdb print are the right numbers in the noweb
> file (provided you turned off the source indentation after tangling as
> it may break long lines).

I think the problem may have been that I was not using noweb (or
indent), and there was a slight mismatch between the .nw and .c files.

GDB was able to find the .nw files (as that was what the debug
information was pointing to), but the lines were off a bit. This meant
that most of the breakpoint commands (ones that did not rely on the
function entry points, but instead on line-to-address mappings) didn't
work.

I agree that it "should" work, since this is what the C preprocessor
uses to map back to un-preprocessed line numbers...

--
- Charles Lepple