Re: gEDA-user: aluminum solder flux

> Hello
>
> Is it possible to use some common chemical as aluminum solder flux for
> soldering say copper and aluminum wire together?
>
> Cl<
You can solder aluminium parts even with ordinary soldering iron and solder
alloy but the soldering  must be done in oil (even cooking oil can be used
for ocassional work at home). The soldered part must be immersed in oil, than
cleaned with sharp knife and a solder is applied with a soldering iron. After
some rubbing it should attach to aluminium. Do not take the part from oil
until that moment, The oil is to prevent aluminium with oxidizing.
I used this method to solder aluminium coil shields.

Wojciech Kazubski