Re: gEDA-user: PCB suggestion

[ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
  e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev/geda-user mailinglist. ]

-- Cut here --
From: Arnim Littek <arnim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 21:09:03 +1300 (NZDT)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Al Davis wrote:
> > Has anybody looked to see if IEEE or any other organization
> > has any official standards? It would seem to me that adopting
> > standards from an official organization would be the way to
> > go. Kind of like Linux and POSIX.

> If somebody has a better idea, or knows of a better
> comprehensive standard, please tell me.

I can see the merit in your suggestion w.r.t. VHDL.  I'm not in love with
VHDL, but it does seem to be suited to absorb the suggestion you made,
without any change in "character".

On the other hand, I don't recall anything on the list here about EDIF
4.0.0. yet either.  Not that I'm about to spring US$283 to free up a copy
any time soon...

Has anything come out of CFI/SI2 that is useable?

Arnim Littek